I love playing around with new hairstyles; creating my own, re-creating others, and simply just having fun with my hair. Seeing as I’m not one for playing around with hair colours; the style of it is where I like to play!
I was recently inspired by two ‘get the look’ video’s found on the SchwarzkopfUK Got2B Youtube channel – a beautiful curly down-do and a simple yet effective up-do! It’s always nice to find new inspiration and try new products. Both styles begin with freshly washed and wet hair, with three products each and only a few necessary hair tools – win!
KNOT WHAT YOU THINK
I’d never seen anyone do this style before; perhaps I assumed it was a different way of doing a bun, but it’s literally two knots and looks amazing! It’s the perfect hair style for a day of shopping, rushing around the city or if you’re in need of a chic up-do – plus, it’s super easy. You’ll see just how easy the ‘Knot What You Think’ style is in the video below where I recreate the look; you can easily re-create it for yourself!
You will need:
- Schwarzkopf Got2B Playful Styling Primer
- Schwarzkopf Got2B Powderful Volumizing Styling Powder
- Schwarzkopf Got2B Mind Blowing Fast Dry Hairspray
- Hair Grips
- Hair Dryer
Achieve the up-do in 7 simple steps:
- Rub the primer between your palms and work into towel-dried hair for grip and control
- Blow dry hair
- Create a messy center parting and twist and dry the remainder of the hair to create texture
- Work the powder into the roots for volume
- Split hair into two sections and tie a knot – grip in place
- Create a second knot and grip in place
- Spritz with the hairspray for hold; and loosen any strands to frame the face
That’s it! You’ll have your hair out of the way; with the knowledge that it looks chic and styled ready for a day of literally anything!
JUST FOR THE CURLS
I absolutely love my natural waves; but sometimes it’s nice for it to be more sleek, actually styled and have defined curls. As soon as I saw this I knew I wanted to try it for myself; and the perfect time to try came when my single girl friends and I decided to have a pre-Valentines ‘Galentines’ get together!
The style was so much fun to film; and it actually lasted a good few days! Only a few products and tools are needed and takes a short amount of time making it the perfect style for any last minute plans too!
You will need:
- Schwarzkopf Got2B Mind Blowing Xpress Dry Styling Spray
- Schwarzkopf Got2B 2 Sexy Big Volume Push Up Volumizing Spray Mousse
- Schwarzkopf Got2B 2 Sexy Big Volume Push Up Volumizing Hairspray
- Hair Dryer
- Curling Tongs
- Paddle Brush
- Hair Clips / Grips
Achieve the side swept curls in 8 simple steps:
- Apply Xpress Dry Spray for a quicker blow-dry
- Spray Mousse into roots for volume and work into the hair
- Dry hair
- Divide hair into sections and clip
- Tong hair in large sections; clipping each curl to cool
- Once all hair is curled, clipped and cooled; unclip and release the curls
- Brush through hair
- Flip hair to once side and spritz with hairspray for hold
…and there you have it! Who wouldn’t feel fabulous with this hair style?! *sassy hair flip*
I hope you enjoyed this little run-down of two new go-to hair styles of mine! Playing around with new styles and products is the easiest way to find your perfect style.
This content is in collaboration with got2buk